A well made tattoo won’t necessarily guarantee a proper healing. Follow the tattoo aftercare instructions in full to ensure a proper healing of a fresh tattoo
Tattoo aftercare instructions for a fresh tattoo
Clean your hands before taking care of the tattoo!
- Remove the plastic wrap after two hours.
- Wash the tattoo with running warm water and soap. Clean by hand gently and thoroughly the fluid discharge.
- Dry with a clean towel and wrap the tattoo with plastic wrap again.
- During the first 48 hours, repeat steps 1 – 3 every two hours. wrap a fresh plastic wrap before going to sleep.
- 24 hours after you made the tattoo, apply a very thin layer of the ointment “Bepanthen Plus“. Dab it gently into the skin until the ointment will disappear.
- Apply the ointment for two weeks, three to five times a day.
- Unclean hands might cause for infection to your tattoo.
- Make sure the plastic wrap is tight on the skin, without any air pockets.
- If you have any ointment leftovers on the tattoo (applied too much) wipe them off. In no case do not leave a thick layer of ointment on the tattoo.
- Do not expose the tattoo to the sun, sea or pool for two weeks. No problem with showers.
- You must not peel or scratch your tattoo!
- Be sure to wear soft fabric clothes. Also, It’s very important to keep on a high level of general hygiene, including clothing and clean bedding.
- Treat your tattoo well so it will look amazing for the rest of your life!